Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Musical Daydreams

Someone once asked me, “What are the three things you love most?”

I thought a moment and said, “Bikes, food, and yoga.”

He looked half satisfied and half bothered, so I asked, “What’s wrong? You don’t like my answer?”

“What about music?” he demanded. “We go to concerts and talk about music and share music and it’s not even on your top 3?”

I was taken aback, so I searched for the answer. I said, “I guess I don’t think of music as something I love anymore because music will always be a part of my life. To me it’s like breathing air, a reflex of sorts. Seeking it out is effortless and spending time with it is unquestionable.”

“How is that different from loving food?” 

"Food is something I have to find or work for, but music is something I can get anywhere at anytime. I can hum or sing or think about a song. I can go without food for a while, but I never have to be without music."

No comments:

Post a Comment