Saturday, February 16, 2013

Personal Practice

I've been teaching for a few weeks now and have slowly come to realize how much I've forgotten what it's like to be a beginner. I thought since it was only 3 years ago and that I have a "pretty" good memory I would understand, but I don't think I do anymore. It's not a bad thing. I just need to gain this perspective back in a different way so that I can help my students better.

Anyway on days I don't have students I try to run through the sequences that I put together in order to adjust and make them better. In the process I'll incorporate it as a real practice. It has made me realize how much I've grown and advanced as a yogi. It's funny because I didn't really grasp that as I was going through the training.

I'm glad I've gained the skill to really cultivate my own practice. But now my ambitious self is asking, "so what's next?" Sometimes I want it to shut up and be content.


No comments:

Post a Comment