Sunday, October 10, 2010

Hatha at Red Foot

This little yoga studio is right behind Cafe Brazil on Westheimer. I've passed by it a few times and finally had time to give it a try. I really like their website. It's clean and easy to navigate.

When you walk in, you can tell it used to be a home but just converted to a yoga studio. This place is TINY. I think it could fit maybe 8 people maximum? So this makes classes very intimate and you can get lots of one on one attention. It was weird at first because I'm used to big yoga classes where I can just hang out in the back, but eventually it was comfortable and everyone was friendly. Reminds me of why I like to trust people.

Anyway I had a good workout. We did Hatha yoga which is different from the flow/vinyasa I usually get. There were plenty of positions I wasn't familiar with, and Aaron, the instructor helped me correct my tendency to invert my shoulder blades instead of making them flat. Also, we tried inversions. Ahhh scary. Eventually I hope to be able to comfortable do hand stands, but I don't think I have the strength in my shoulders right now. Something to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment