Thursday, June 10, 2010

Internet Incentives

A few weeks ago my friend Albert invited me to join the Daily Mile. This website allows you to track your workouts and compete or compare yourself to your friends or others on the site. I decided to give it a try and see if it helped my motivation to work out.

I've also seen friends join S2H. Here you buy a special watch that tracks your hrs of activity and gives you points accordingly. You can use points for simple things like MP3s or $5 gift cards. This is cool because if you already exercise regularly, it's like getting an extra reward for doing so. But I would never use points as my incentive to work out. The idea is too...materialistic.

I've been trying to keep up with Daily Mile, but have pretty much failed as I forget to update my status. (Sorry Albert.) It did help bring about some competitiveness in me for a little bit. But I'm not one to tweet everything I do.

Guess I'll have to figure out another way to get my motivation up.

No comments:

Post a Comment