Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Contemplating the Tri

So I've been posed with this question a few times,

"Why don't you do a triathlon?"

And the answer was typically,

"I hate swimming. And swimming hates me."

The last episode was when I went snorkeling off the coast of Zanzibar. (Yes Zanzibar is a real place.) I couldn't even keep myself a float for long and my friends had to help me not die. I saw like one fish. And drank plenty of salty water. Awesome.

But now I'm kind of considering it. I would def have a lot to work on. Speed, endurance, speed...swimming, swimming fast. It's a lot. I'm not a speedy person. I can go for a long time, but speed is not my thing.

I dunno, still contemplating. We'll see.

3 comments:

  1. You could always answer that hitting your fingers with a hammer repeatedly would be more fun than doing a tri...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still waiting on you to join me at Crossfit. I know Turd wants to do it too, she just needs a partner *hint hint

    ReplyDelete
  3. go for it! Good running into you and your bro randomly yesterday..

    ReplyDelete