Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Pursuit of Happiness

Empty. Is where I'm at. Is how I feel this week.

MS 150 is over. I haven't signed up for any races or made any goals. I kind of don't want to. I feel like I'm just kicking around a soccer ball. Kick...run...kick...run...kick...run...sit. I went for a run today, but I just didn't feel like running. I tried but ended up walking most of the loop.

I'm restless. Looking for the cream filling.

I think tomorrow I'll take my bike out and clear my head.

2 comments:

  1. It's natural to feel that way after accomplishing a goal you've worked hard and long to achieve. And, without a clearly defined subsequent goal, you feel as though you've got nothing. I call it the runner's low.

    To get myself out of that funk, I try to rediscover the simple joys of running and biking. For biking, it's the sound of the wind in my ears and the feeling of freedom at high rates of speed. For running, I just take a look around at all the pained looks of other runners and remind myself that this is supposed to be fun, like when you were a kid and just ran for running's sake.

    ReplyDelete