Saturday, January 23, 2010

Bike in the Heights

Today I was supposed to join the ACN team for a ride in the Heights, but I missed them. I was kind of discouraged cause I don't know the area all that well, but decided to explore by myself anyway. I was pleasantly surprised. The area is pretty biker friendly. They have lots of bike paths, some sidewalks designated for bikers, and lots of signs to direct you where to go. Although there were a lot of points where I had to stop and watch for cars, Heights Blvd was a great straight away with few lights where I could sprint my heart out.

Not sure if I would go back because stopping and starting really annoys me, but maybe when I get used to riding with cars I'll feel different.

Time: ~1hr
Distance: probably 10-12 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment